Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Random info from my last two library visits

Sometimes you find something really cool at the library and sometimes you just don't. I think these are "don't" visits.

I have ordered 3 microfilms from Family Search. I am waiting and not very patiently (Patient doesn't go with my red hair. And btw, never pray for patience, I did that I few times and then wound up in the grocery lines from hell!)
The 3 microfilms I ordered:
Cemeteries of Carroll County, Kentucky
Marriage and death notices from Switzerland County, Indiana newspaper
Marriage records of Switzerland County

This started out as looking for Griffith and Huckleberry however the Lewis and Leachman families were in Carroll County, Kentucky and I just figured out my husband's Brooks family was in or near Carroll County.

Meanwhile I found a few things ....

Switzerland County Will Records
Lavina J. Griffith will dated 12/28/1893 received 5/21/1895
sons Nelson Griffith and Thomas Griffith both deceased

Thomas Sigmon will dated 10/31/1882 Received 2/5/1883
wife Rachel Sigmon, daughters Elizabeth Sigmon, Ann Eliza Protsman and Antoinette Protsman

Mount Zion Cemetery, Craig Township
William (1824 - 1888) and Lorinda (1823-1902) Brindley
(So let's assume if it says Lorinda on the headstone that is her name and not Lucinda.)
Same cemetery
Mary Malissa Madary wife of George D and only daughter of Wm and L. Brindley d 8/1/1887 aged 22 y 10 m 27 d

Eight Huckleberry (various spellings) marriages in Clark County, Indiana from 1891 to 1901. So then are the Clark County ones related to my Switzerland County Huckleberrys? Which at the moment consists of 2 people, Adeline, my great great grandmother and her sister Lorinda (not Lucinda.)

Sevier County Tennessee cemeteries
Evans Chapel ( Locust Ridge) Mary Shamblin Valentine 1827 - 1885
Aaron Profitt Cemetery Judy Shamblin May June no years listed

Hillcrest Cemetery Bradley County, Tenn
Shamblin , Ida Lee Duggan
Shamblin, Arthur N.
Shamblin, James C.
Shamblin, Vivia Ruth Goins
Shamblin, Chassie

from Carroll County, KY Vital Statistics
8 Lewis babies between 1852 and 1859. Proud parents Stephen and Matilda Lewis, John and Sarah Lewis, Merit and Sarah Lewis, TL and Malinda Lewis

Swiss Settlement of Switzerland County Indiana
In 1870 Joshua Griffith was elected County Treasurer for 2 years from 9/1/1871.
In 1874 Francis M. Griffith was elected County Treasurer for 2 years from 9/1/1875
Wonder if this is the same person as the Hon. F. M. Griffith pictured in Pauline's scrapbook?

No comments: