Friday, January 18, 2008

Carmel, Mack and Rosson Arney


When I find these old pictures, I tend to go off on a tangent. I wonder what their lives were like and what ever happened to them. This is Annew Carmel (born 1871), John Mack (born 1875) and Rosson M. (born 1870) Arney, my great grandmothers, half brothers. (Although does anyone still use the term half brother or sister, seems like now they are called step brother or sister. Didn't it used to imply whether you had the same Mother or the same Father?) So I guess they are my step, great, great Uncles?????
I don't know if they were red headed but their eyes look so light. I also wondered about their names I have never heard Annew, Carmel or Rosson as first names.
Rosson married Martha Johnson in 1895. Seemingly he lived his whole life in Barry County, Missouri and farmed near her parents. He and Martha had three children and at least three grandchildren. He died in 1957.
In 1893, Annew married Flora Taylor in Barry County, Missouri. They moved a few times but stayed in the general area. They had eight children and he died in 1956.
John seemed to move with his parents a few times. He married Martha Sepsy in Dallas County, Texas in 1901. They had nine children. John died in 1927; his youngest child would have only been three years old. According to his obit which I found in the Mesquite, Texas newspaper he is buried at Mills Cemetery in Garland. However I could not find a headstone for him. His brother, Archer Milton is buried at Mills Cemetery as well. Near Archer's headstone is a rock or a piece of a headstone. I wonder if that is John's.
Told you I went off on a tangent, but at least now I know something about them.

No comments: