Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bummer Part II and the great grandmother

I got my husband's great grandmother, Viola D'Augustine's death certificate. I was hoping for a place of birth but all it has is Austria ... I knew that. For her parents, it says Father's name Jacob _________. Maiden name of Mother Augustine Barbara. So, maybe that is supposed to be first name Barbara last name Augustine. But I have Viola's maiden name as Augustine from the SS-5 of one of her kids. So that means Jacob's last name would be Augustine and Barbara's maiden name probably not Augustine.

I am going to try again for Gioacchino Salvaterra's death certificate. When I filled out the form I was looking at the pictures from the cemetery. But, I think he Americanized his first name to Jacob. So I guess it is worth $9.00 and a two month wait to see if there is a record for Jacob Salvaterra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are your Augustine's from Mt Carmel, PA ?